- Technology podcasts
- Lifestyle / Philosophy / Talking
Software Engineering Daily
One episode a day — impossible to keep up with that pace! This podcasts focus is on data engineering and big data technologies whilst also covering broader topics like engineering management or hiring processes.
Episodes I especially enjoyed:
- Decentralized Objects with Martin Kleppmann
- Data intensive applications with Martin Kleppmann
- After listening to this episode I bought his book: Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Software Engineering Radio
New episodes appear one or two times a month. This podcast covers a broad range of software engineering topics reaching from architecture to design patterns to developer ethics and carreer advices.
Some of my favorite episodes include
- SE-Radio Episode 306: Ron Lichty on Managing Programmers
- SE-Radio Episode 308: Gregor Hohpe on It Architecture and IT Transformation
- Check out Gregor Hohpes book 37 Things One Architect Knows About IT Transformation: A Chief Architect’s Journey
- SE-Radio Episode 309: Zane Lackey on Application Security
- SE-Radio Episode 281: James Whittaker on Career Strategy
This is one of the more broader technical podcasts. Some episodes are in english, some in german. A lot of episodes cover aironautics including episodes where Marcus sits in the cockpit of an A380 interviewing the pilots flying to HongKong. In other episodes he is learning to fly a helicopter or trying to understand what it is like to be on a hunt in the forest.
Some favorites include
- Omega Tau #280 “Hubschrauberfliegen” (German)
- Omega Tau #266 “Secondary Surveillance Radar”
- Omega Tau #271 “Auf der Jagd” (German)
- Omega Tau #262 “Mit der Lufthansa von FRA nach HKG”, Teil 1 (German)
- Omega Tau #263 “Mit der Lufthansa von FRA nach HKG, Teil 2” (German)
The Airflow podcast
Lifestyle / Philosophy / Talking
TED Radio Hour (Technology - Entertainment - Design)
You don’t know TED, yet? Well this is at least as good as the video-version of the insipiring talks. Guy Raz and his team optimize and adapt them for the audio format.
Episodes I enjoyed: